The Top Ten Surprises in Pete Wilson's State of the State Address
10. State song "California, Here I Come" to be replaced by "Land of a Thousand Dances".
9. Pledges to pass legislation within 100 days mandating return of Summer to "Baywatch".
8. Triumphantly declares "Ich bin ein Industriestadter!"
7. Billion dollar state windfall from sale of Ernest & Julio Gallo to anonymous Seattle buyer.
6. Governor now to be known as "maximum leader of the revolution".
5. Purchase of Pentium computers will allow tax cut and increased services within balanced budget.
4. Admits he likes, but doesn't reallt get, that song about "girls who are boys who like boys to be girls..."
3. Brown and Brulie to settle speaker dispute on "American Gladiators".
2. Instead of ending address with trademark golf swing, shouts "This is the part of State of the State when we dance!"
And the number one surprise in Pete Wilson's State of the State address...
Pete and Gail Wilson staging revival of
Last Modified: 1995 September 22