The Top Ten Reasons the Hobey Baker Award is Better than the Heisman Trophy:
10. Hobey Baker played hockey *and* football.
9. Only one recent Hobey Baker Award winner ended up with a Mickey Mouse team.
8. Hobey Baker never ran up the score to 222-0.
7. If a Hobey Baker winner ends up playing in Canada, it's not a bad thing.
6. When a Hobey Baker winner is accused of slashing, he goes to the penalty box for two minutes, and I don't have do hear about it every time I turn on the TV for the next year.
5. Two words: Olympic Football.
4. Hobey Baker was a Princeton graduate; John Heisman went to Brown and Penn. Need I say more?
3. Heisman Trophy winners can write their own tickets; Hobey Baker winners labor in obscurity like the rest of us.
2. No one poses for the Hobey Baker Award when they score.
And the number one reason the Hobey Baker Award is better than the Heisman Trophy...
How often does a guy from Bowling Green win the Heisman?
Last Modified: 1995 June 15